[Sca-cooks] Sauerbraten

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jan 31 07:22:56 PST 2005

In the German cookbook that I have (the one written in German, printed in
an almost unreadable Gothic font), the saurbraten recipe calls for potato
to thicken the sauce, not gingersnaps. I think. I can check when I get
home if I'm still conscious at that point. The cookbook, IIRC, is either
very late 18XX or very early 19XX.

Margaret FitzWilliam