[Sca-cooks] Cornbread

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 20:49:30 PST 2005

>>So -- what goes in YOUR cornbread?

I dont measure anything, so I'm guessing at amounts.
There is no white flour and no oil/butter.

3 c cornmeal, preferably bulk from the health food store
1 T baking powder
4 eggs
1 1/4 c milk or buttermilk, more as necessary
6 oz of cheddar or asiago, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, NOT grated
2 c. fresh or frozen corn
1/2 tsp dry chipotle chili
1 red pepper, diced (optional)

Stir the baking powder into the cornmeal.  Stir in everything else
in.  Add enough milk to make a soft batter. Spray a rectangular pan
with cooking spray, pour in the batter, and bake at 350 til done.

Ranvaig (so far behind, I'm pathetic)