[Sca-cooks] Kingdome differences

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Tue Jul 5 10:25:47 PDT 2005

> However, I also think that IKA is one of the really medieval
>things about the SCA.  Other  kingdoms aren't cookie-cutter
>copies of this one, only in a different mundane place.  They are
>Furrin Places, where people are Strange and do things Differently.
>

>Brighid ni Chiarain
>Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom

I have to agree that it is quite fun to travel to other kingdoms
to see what their culture is like. It never occurred to me that
anyone would say anything other than Vivat! when honoring someone
in court. I believe it was Drachenwald where they used Hurrah!
instead. The differences are part of what makes it so much more
exciting to travel to "Furrin Places" and I'm glad there isn't a
push to standardize these things in the SCA.

Ysabeau
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net