[Sca-cooks] Ethnic was American Diet was Anchovette

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 11 10:03:46 PDT 2005

Adamantius wrote:
>OK, I'm an oddity, and I'd
>rather eat an anchovy at any time of the day or night than have a
>spoonful of molasses (let's not even discuss high-fructose corn
>syrup)

Well, i'm right there next to you about the horror that is
high-fructose corn sweetener... but i like molasses and anchovies...
well, not necessarily together, other than in Worcestershire Sauce -
which tastes more strongly of tamarind than either molasses or
anchovies.

Heck, for a brief while i was drinking my very dark coffee with whole
milk and a heaping spoonful of dark molasses. I liked it. But i'm not
really that fond of sweetened coffee in general, so after a while i
went back to just coffee and cream (or half-and-half or whole milk)

I just don't understand why people think anchovies are so awful.

One of my favorite pizza toppings included anchovies, shrimp, and
garlic. And i often bring anchovy-stuffed olives to events - along
with the garlic-&-jalapeno-stuffed olives which I know aren't not
period, but they're a good pick-me-up on a warm Saturday afternoon or
during break-down on Sunday afternoon.

It was great living in southern France, because it was so easy to get
all sorts of delicious foods that included anchovies.

Then, again, when i was in junior high (1960-62) i used to take bags
of wheat germ in my lunch and people teased me, but i knew they were
idiots, so while they were annoying, they didn't hurt me. So i've
always been secure in my taste for odd food.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita