[Sca-cooks] IKA - head table seating?

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 10:20:20 PDT 2005

Although I'm interested in the inter-kingdom anthopology of a much wider issue than this, I'm a bit afraid of the mountainous responses I could get asking this question too broadly....

When your feasting halls have a head table, what are the seating arrangements of the head table? That is, who sits next to whom and when does this change under various circumstances? What size and shape are the tables?

My knowledge of table seating and the intricacies involved therein are based on surviving the hell of charm and poise school (modern high society protocol) and working on royal reigns in the Middle Kingdom. I'm quite aware that other kingdoms simply don't do things the same way. I'm curious to know how seating is treated in other kingdoms, but I'm especially interested in hearing *why* its done a particular way, or at least an opinion on why. Anyone willing to share?

Iasmin

Iasmin "I was trained to walk with a book on my head" de Cordoba
iasmin at comcast.net