[Sca-cooks] canning compost

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Jul 16 18:46:18 PDT 2005

Adamantius sez...

> I've canned compost a couple of times, and commented once or twice on
> its apparently amazing keeping qualities. I STR there being a thread
> on this list about whether I would die if I ate some compost from an
> opened jar that had been in my fridge for several years and still
> smelled and looked okay (I didn't die, BTW).

Adamantius, can you take the time to give us your thoughts on canning
compost? We are thinking of doing a batch this summer/fall for Handy
Period Sidedish Supplies...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"'In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for
years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - _Harvey_, by Mary Chase