[Sca-cooks] nibbles

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 17 11:28:51 PDT 2005

Greetings,

So what are period food items that fit the category of our modern day
potato chips and popcorn? Roasted nuts (spiced or otherwise)? There is a
recipe for large and small crisps, which I believe was a fried batter.
(Viendier) As well as "stuffed tubes" which appears to be fried cheese.
Did nibbling occur?

I am looking for references to savory nibbling, not the sweet kind. In
general, I am interested in most times and locales within the SCA period
and scope. Specifically, I am interested in the European and English
courts of the 15th century.

References will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Lonnie