[Sca-cooks] Pea Flour/Bread

Vladimir Armbruster vladimir_armbruster at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:31:15 PDT 2005

Good gentles,

    My next experiment (and no, I haven't given up on period sundrieds yet) is to attempt to bake a few loaves of pea flour bread.  Has anyone here had any experience on the topic?  I know I could check the Florilegium (Which I can spell without checking now), but since the list has been quiet, thought I'd get a conversation going along with that Farmers market one.

What I'm looking for is:
Can you buy it commercially?
How does it bake?
What considerations do you need to make in regards to taste/texture/cooking times?

In Service to Crown and Society,
Vladimir Armbruster
Headmaster of the House of Willow and Thorn
(http://www.willowandthorn.freeforumhost.net/)
Barony of Aquaterra
(www.baronyofaquaterra.org)
Doting Husband of Sisabella Armbruster
(The 2cnd star to the right holds no such treasure)