[Sca-cooks] Just gotten from my local...

Heather M margaretnorthwode at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 22 10:35:48 PDT 2005

...Farmer's Market:

tomatillos (the empanadas sounded too good to pass up)
two varieties of peppers
red-fleshed peaches off the tree only a couple of days (now minus one)
day-old canteloupe
blueberries
yellow tomatoes (I'm growing supersweet 100s and Mr. Stripey) - there
were also available beefsteak, cherokee purple, early girl, green,
bigger boy, roma, yellows the size of roma, and several others I didn't
recognize
quart of canned tomatoes
swiss chard
purple-hulled polebeans

Sixteen bucks. All locally grown, though some in the next county over.
I'm going back tomorrow for local sping wildflower honey - a tad pricey
at $8/qurat jar, but it's very filtered and NOT boiled. They also had
squash, zucchini, red potatoes (some, I'm not kidding, as big as my
daughter's head), homemade canned jellies of many kind, fried pies,
dried apricot and dried apple pies, dried apples, many many baked goods
that I /wanted/, and other things I can't currently recall.

Margaret Northwode