[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar free sports drink alternative

Speaker To Idiots pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Jul 1 06:49:50 PDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Pat wrote:

> My first comment to this entire thread is "Blecccchhhhhhh."
>
> I am a diabetic.  I detest Gatorade.  I loathe artificial sweeteners.  There is no artificial sweetener that can take the place of sugar as a necessary electolyte.  If I am dehydrated enough to need gatorade, then I need the sugar (diabetic or not.)  I prefer senkajabin, though, if I get to that point.
> For me, as a waterbearer, and all of the other people on the field, water is far better for you in most instances.  If you need additional electrolytes, then suck on the oranges or pickles.  I only carry the gatorade because it has become "tradition" and the fighters expect it, and get balky about drinking plain water.  I push the water, fruit, and pickles, and only give the gatorade when they ask for it.
>
> Lady Anne du Bosc

Up until at least Pennsic XXVI, Gatorade was preferable to water because
the Pennsic water tasted nasty to anybody not used to it. They've since
improved filtration and it's fine (or at least it was at XXX), but I
remember using the Gatorade as a chaser for the water.

I like using the drink syrups mixed with water to a level where it's
slightly sweet, but only just, because it's more palatable to drink when
it's hot out than plain water.

Margaret FitzWilliam

* * * *
The bank called. Your reality check bounced.