[Sca-cooks] Alton brown

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 23:36:55 PDT 2005

Adamantius commented:
> I imagine I might be leary of Bush Beans for similar reasons...

Hmmm. I'm not sure why. I mean, unlike Washington D.C. products, food
is governed by "truth in labeling" laws. And if the can says "beans" on
the outside, that is what you are going to get.

It isn't like someone has been promising you that it is very important
that you buy those beans to enhance your health and security and then
when you get home and open the can, you find out that there are no
beans in the can. And that there is a message in the can that says that
while there are no beans to be found in the can, it is too late to do
anything about it now, and just shut up and enjoy the spinach in the
can.

You will note though that although you are eating a lot of spinach,
more and more it seems, the can doesn't seem to empty and no one can
tell you how long it will take to finish the can.

Stefan