[Sca-cooks] A question of serving

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 09:45:14 PDT 2005

On 7/2/05, Speaker To Idiots <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:

> Last weekend I was the head server for our barony's archery event. And as
> I sit here waiting for the raspberry pie to bake, I find myself wondering
> how others handle the serving part of a feast.

<section edited for reply brevity>

> Margaret FitzWilliam
>

> * * * *
> The bank called. Your reality check bounced.

Uhm, I usually nominate one lucky person to be my steward for the day.
  This person is in charge of the hall during feast and oversees its
setup.  He is also my mouthpeice, border guard, and slave
wrangler (kitchen help, servers, midgets).

I look at the site with them ahead of the feast, count tables, etc, and
work with them to lay out the best food to space concept we can come
up with (preferrably before the food is bought for the event).

Then they get to torture the event staff to make it a reality while I cook.

I turn each finished dish over to them, they see it delivered and
I go take a drunken nap somewhere when it is all done (unless the
site is dry, of course).

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson