[Sca-cooks] Re: Sugar free sports drink alternative

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 3 14:12:25 PDT 2005

Volker Bach wrote:

>>I mustn't be in my right mind... Marmite is much better than Vegemite,
>>though.
>>

>Who of us would qualify for that?
>
>I have to say I never tried Marmite, and I at best tolerate Vegemite, tobacco,
>or anything alcoholic. But the habituation process woerks for me as well as
>anyone.

Marmite is the New Zealand version of yeast extract-- rather stronger
tasting than Vegemite.  Good in a thin marmite-and-cheese sandwich.
(Incidentally, the enthusiastic consumptionof Marmite is probably an
indicator that one has been living New Zealand too long.)  Alcohol--
like up to a point.  Tobacco-- can't stand.

--
Adele de Maisieres