[Sca-cooks] Re: A Question of Serving

Speaker To Idiots pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Jul 3 22:28:32 PDT 2005

>> Margaret FitzWilliam wrote:
>>> In this specific case I ended up coordinating the
>> toasts, but only because
>>> I got proactive about it.
>>> So how do other people/places handle it?
>>
> Yep, Margaret, Alys is right... or at least, *I* was
> told that the chyamberlain of the ranking royalty
> there is supposed to handle it.  (I usually would
> figure out the ranking peers down to the third, and
> then declair myself bored with it and grab a random
> someone.  It was fun.)
>
> What happens when there's no Royalty present?   No
> idea.
>
> Aurelia

Well, there was an astounding lack of royalty at Schutzenfest. One
countess and one viscountess, and that was it (because the two viscounts
on-site had either left or weren't at feast). I know that it had been
figured out who was going to give the toasts, except for figuring out who
was the ranking non-royal peer, but nobody had actually been asked yet. I
did ask if they wanted me to do the asking, and they said sure. So TE
Nordskogen did know what was going on. Had the response to my question
been "It's taken care of" or something like that, I wouldn't have worried
about it.

Margaret FitzWilliam