[Sca-cooks] Re: A Question of Serving

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Mon Jul 4 21:41:22 PDT 2005

>Was asked:
>
>>  Out of curiousity, why do you look for the senior knight?  After all,
>>  the peerage orders are (supposedly) all equal...
>
>No good reason that I can think of... I just do it the way I described.  I
>suppose that if certain very senior Laurels/Pelicans of the Kingdom were
>present I would approach them.  As we are a new barony and I'm voice herald
>I should speak to the Baron and Baroness as to what they want to do.
>
>Daniel

I thought that was a good question, also.

Here in Oertha, it has always been the knights first, and then
squires, local captains, etc. Never have other peers or landed royals
been expected to make toasts. Of course, we're very isolated and
really have no idea how others do it. I've never been to a feast
anywhere but in Oertha, sorry to say.

But I've certainly appreciated this thread: it's been remarkably
informative and full of ideas, as often we're without enough knights
at any event to complete all the toasts. I admit to have a certain
personal interest in it, also, often being the ranking peer (G).

Morgana, OP (AS XVI)