[Sca-cooks] Meats Pizziola

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 5 23:28:34 PDT 2005

Adam asked:
> Hello all,  The local shire i play with is planning a picnic in the
> park shortly and the requested main dish is to be late 16th century
> Italy cooking.  After doing a bit of searching, I found most of the
> cookbooks i need are in Italian.  Now being of the non Italian speakig
> group, i have a distinct disadvantage.  A dish i know of coming from
> that time period is a dish called Meats Pizziola.

Why do you think this is from late 16th century Italy? Is this a pizza?
I'd love to see more details about this dish, even if you don't have an
actual recipe.
There are these two file in the FOOD-BREADS section of the Florilegium,
but I don't believe the pizza one has any actual recipes:
pizza-msg         (19K)  5/ 4/04    Period pizza and similar items.
Is-it-Pizza-art   (27K)  4/27/04    "When is a Pizza not a Pizza?"
                                        by Helewyse de Birkestad

Perhaps this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section might be of use, although
the books mentioned might also be in Italian:
p-Italy-food-bib   (9K) 12/ 1/99    Bibliographies on period Italian
food.

There is this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section:
fd-Italy-msg      (21K)  5/22/05    Period Italian food. Cookbooks.

Perhaps these files in the FEASTS section might also be of use:
picnic-feasts-msg (12K)  7/ 6/01    Ideas for light, picnic style
feasts.
Platina-Feast-art (10K)  5/24/01    A feast from Platina by Lady
Clotild.
Platina-Lunch-art  (8K)  5/24/01    An Italian lunch using recipes from
Platina.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas