[Sca-cooks] Re: Meats Pizziola

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 05:48:07 PDT 2005

A brief description of the dish as you envision it would be helpful.  I can say right off the top that there is no recipe in the entire meat section of Scappi with that title (I've read them all). However, with a description I may find something similar.  Alternatively it may be one of the recipes from Messisbugo Banchetti.  I'm willing to help if I have a bit more to work on.
Helewyse
From: Adam N Bratcher <a-sbratcher at sbcglobal.net>
Hello all, The local shire i play with is planning a picnic in the park shortly and the requested main dish is to be late 16th century Italy cooking. After doing a bit of searching, I found most of the cookbooks i need are in Italian. Now being of the non Italian speakig group, i have a distinct disadvantage. A dish i know of coming from that time period is a dish called Meats Pizziola. Does anyone know where i might find a reciepe for this? I would be very grateful for any help in this quest.
Thank you, Adam