[Sca-cooks] chicken fried steak (OOP)

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:16:37 PDT 2005

>I'm not a fan of organ meats, but i suspect that guitar meats wouldn't be
>much of an improvement.
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita

Ah, but liver (cooked right) is a good thing.

We looked forward to liver and onions (lightly seared), chicken liver pate,
fois gras - they are all "good things".

But I've been taught  well... and my Mom used to cater too.

Chicken fried steak is something I discovered when I lived in West Virginia-
I chalk it up to "regional cuisine"- like grits, hush puupies and fried
catfish. (Which is also good)

Face it, I just like food.

Andrea

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste
rather than exact measurements. ~ Marcel Boulestin "

“Non cooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes'
enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, well, so is the ballet.”
Julia Child(1912-2004)

http://homepage.mac.com/rickwolff/andrea/
SCA-AuthenticCooks-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

-