[Sca-cooks] Ethnic was American Diet was Anchovette

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jul 11 18:31:23 PDT 2005

There may be more of you, Master A, but I, for one, don't know which of
the flavors I taste in Worchestershire sauce *IS* tamarind.  I've never
had the chance to taste in on its own.
My one experience with anchovies-as-themselves was on a pizza, hidden
under the cheese.  They tasted like nasty little salt bombs to me
<<shudder>>.  And I don't live in a part of the US that has the wide
variety of ethnic cuisines and markets available elsewhere, so I haven't
had the opportunity to taste them prepared on something besides a really
bad Domino's pizza.
We're just now getting some places in town that serve more of an
artisanal pizza (Going Beyond Pizza Hut <g>), and they serve some tasty
things.  I've found that I really enjoy eating ones similar to those
that Master A describes......
--Maire, who drinks her coffee black, hot and a little sweet (for a
special treat, I use some of the demerara sugar I brought back from England)
p.s.  Isn't "balut" a food comprising unhatched ducklings?