[Sca-cooks] IKA - head table seating?

margaret m.p.decker at att.net
Wed Jul 13 20:50:10 PDT 2005

snip

> When your feasting halls have a head table, what are the seating
> arrangements of the head table? That is, who sits next to whom and when
> does this change under various circumstances? What size and shape are the
> tables?

snip
> Iasmin

Here in Namron in Ansteorra we seat the King & Queen in the center of a long
table that seats eight and faces the rest of the feasters. The prince and
princess go on either side if present. Then come the Baron & Baroness. The
other two or four seats are filled at the whim of their majesties, their
highnesses, or the baroness.
On those occasions when the crown is not present the prince & princess are
given the seats of honor. If neither  is present the B&B go in the middle.
When on occasion only one of a couple is here we simply ask who the wish to
have for a dinner partner.
By the way, we comp K & Q, and P&P but the B&B pay their way.
We occasionally have regional events with a feast. When that happens we set
up three tables end to end and seat each B&B on either side of the crown by
date of the group becoming a barony.
Margarite