[Sca-cooks] New Topic - Farmer's Market vs Chain Grocery

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:47:13 PDT 2005

The city I work in ( Peekskill, NY) sponsors a farmers market every
Saturday. An Amish family ( as well as other  growers) comes in and offers
the absolute best vegetables and  culinary herbs ( full grown plants for
$1.95).

Makes my working Saturdays worth it. I hit the market earlier than the
crowds, getting first pick of what  I know will sell out (tomatoes,corn.
melons), put in my working hours and hit the market again to snap up the "I
don't want to take it home" bargains.

Summer produce is sweet.. it is also much cheaper than the "giant"
supermarket chains.

Andrea MacIntyre

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste
rather than exact measurements. ~ Marcel Boulestin "

“Non cooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes'
enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, well, so is the ballet.”
Julia Child(1912-2004)

http://homepage.mac.com/rickwolff/andrea/
SCA-AuthenticCooks-subscribe at yahoogroups.com