[Sca-cooks] New Topic - Farmer's Market vs Chain Grocery

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jul 22 06:32:11 PDT 2005

Our farmer's market prices tend to be a little higher than at the
grocery stores, but the quality is much better, and the (market)
products have the additional advantage of being locally produced, and
absolutely fresh.  Plus, it's almost always organic, which is a bonus if
you're watching for those things.  And last year, it was *THE* place to
go to buy morels if you couldn't go hunt them yourself.
We've got one Farmers' Market (Tuesday eves and Saturday Mornings)
that's been running for years and years, but just this summer, a new one
opened up called the Clark Fork Market (after the river that runs
through town), and they've not only got the same produce-y stuff that
the older one does, but also are selling fresh meats, dairy products,
etc.  I haven't been down there yet, but it's apparently pretty nice.
Best of all, it's huckleberry season, which means everyone will be
selling those! hurrah!
--maire