Harry Potter was Re: [Sca-cooks] OT OP Nothing in 24 hours

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Fri Jul 22 06:44:02 PDT 2005

I use a variety of onion soup recipes but there are two things
that I add to mine every time whether the recipe calls for it or
not: a dash of worcestershire sauce and a bit of finely chopped
lean beef (not ground beef). I also cook it for at least twice as
long as the recipe calls for because it seems to blend the flavors
better. The worcestershire sauce adds just a bit of bite to it. I
discovered the beef trick from a German restaurant I used to go
to. The tiny shreds of beef virtually disintegrate into the broth
making it richer/thicker (but not like gravy) and tastier.

It has been rainy and cool here the past couple of days and onion
soup sound delicious. Okay, cool is relative...the temps are in
the triple digits this week. :)

Ysabeau
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra