[Sca-cooks] IKA - head table seating? - Western traditions

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:35:10 PDT 2005

We have had 3 Crowns a year (March, June and October) from the beginning, so
it is really everyong else who did it differently.  And I've heard it was
because we can, weatherwise.  The Principalities here have 6 month reigns
just like everyone else.  Not sure how that happened or why.

Another interesting inter-kingdom difference is the way Royalty change.
Some years ago, I was horrified when the Mists Royalty changed in a hostle
takeover!  I was told that in other Kingdoms this was normal!?!  Well, I
have since experienced a stabbed and dying Prince give the Principality to
his heir and a Prince who decide to become a monk.  Personally, I much
prefer the joyful and regal transfer of Crowns and Coronets to the heirs.
Many HAPPY tears.   And why, I ask, did all the examples above happen in the
Principality of the Mists?

Viscountess Katira
proud defender of the West and Western traditions