[Sca-cooks] IKA - Royalty Changeover, was: head table seating?

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 25 15:05:03 PDT 2005

That may have started with us, actually.  Meridies has practiced various
forms of Regicide since the beginning, although it isn't always bloody.
Sometimes they go off on Crusade (and then sometimes their lady will go into
a Convent), we've had them grow old through the last Court and then pass
away, we've had them step down because the Stone of Scone no longer screamed
for them.  One time they were taken off by fairies, but we try not to talk
about that one much.
I've seen the reactions on the faces of visitors from other Kingdoms.  It is
usually a combination of horror and fascination, followed by "How
awful...tell me more!".
We like our little theatrics, what can I say?
Christianna

Another interesting inter-kingdom difference is the way Royalty change.
Some years ago, I was horrified when the Mists Royalty changed in a hostle
takeover!  I was told that in other Kingdoms this was normal!?!  Well, I
have since experienced a stabbed and dying Prince give the Principality to
his heir and a Prince who decide to become a monk.  Personally, I much
prefer the joyful and regal transfer of Crowns and Coronets to the heirs.
Many HAPPY tears.   And why, I ask, did all the examples above happen in the
Principality of the Mists?

Viscountess Katira
proud defender of the West and Western traditions