[Sca-cooks] peppers vs. chilies

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 25 21:33:07 PDT 2005

In English, it is an artificial distinction.  The terms chili, chile, and
pepper are used interchangeably.  Chili pepper, hot pepper, black pepper,
white pepper etc., etc. are ways to distinguish between Piper nigrum and
Capsicum fructens or Capsicum annum and their various processed forms.

Alton is specifying his definitions to avoid confusion.

Bear