[Sca-cooks] Western traditions and killing off Royalty

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jul 27 06:30:15 PDT 2005

Not just Mists or Caid.  Artemisia had quite the tradition of it, when
we were a principality.  It was just schtick.  Usually quite funny, and
always different (depending on the prince/ess who were leaving).
It pretty much got abruptly dropped when we became a kingdom (although
there's an occasional echo of it now and again), and frankly, I missed
it!  It gave a bit of uniqueness and humor to something that otherwise
sometimes seemed like hours and hours of stuffiness, thankyous and
presentations that you couldn't hear.
--just another viewpoint, from Maire