[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 10:17:36 PDT 2005

I will be making bread for an upcoming event.  Due to
time and lack of large kitchen space, per norm, I
would like  to premake the bread.  Any suggestions?

 In a few modern cookbooks I have read the dough being
frozen prior to rising, then when needed, bring dough
out of the freezer, cover and let thaw and rise, then
bake.  Has anyone tried this?  With everything else I
will be doing the day or 2 before, I think it would be
easier to thaw in stages and bake, then to have to
keep stopping in the middle of chopping veggies, ect
to mix dough,etc.
I have also heard of completeing the process and then
freezing the baked bread then thawing to serve.  My
only experience w/ this was w/ bread bowls that we
made for stews.  At that point, you want it kind of
day old/hard or you end up w/ mush. I don't want hard
bread for feast.

Ideas??

Alexa