[Sca-cooks] slings

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 1 21:53:18 PDT 2005

Kirk commented:
> Remember 5 smooth stones were used to kill a large Philestine soldier
> by a Shepard.can they outlaw stones and leather?

That is the example of sling use which many people think of, but to
bring this back to medieval times, the sling was also used throughout
the Middle Ages for both hunting and in combat. I doubt that most of
would be good enough with it to get supper with one, though. :-)

slings-msg       (37K) 1/24/01   Slings as weapons. combat and hunting.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMBAT/slings-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas