[Sca-cooks] Fw: <SCA-Caid> Potrero War/Seige cooking

Bj Jane Tremaine vikinglord at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 13:25:05 PDT 2005

This year it was my pleasure to organize and be one of the judges of the
annual Siege Cook Off at Calafia's May War in Potrero(CAID).

Using the theme of Norsemen celebrating the return of spring we set off to
challenge our cooks and to have fun.

 We had two teams register for the seigh cook off and paid on site. With one
the pre paid teams not showing up.

 The final food was great.  The Evil guild of Seafaring Cooks won over all
and best presentation.  A group from Burning Seas won best dish with a face
complete with teeth.

They received:
1 duck leg
1 bag of beef jerky
1 piece of salted Macral
1 piece of salt pork
some linonberry jam
6 oz of real butter
6oz of heavy cream
1/2 head of cabbage
1 red beat
1 leek
about 8oz of white wine vinegar
one onion
one garlic bud
one apple
one parsnip
one wheat roll
about 8 oz of rye flour
cardamom
salt
pepper corns
juniper berries
a sugar cone
dill weed
one egg

We had every thing from a custard, to cream of leek soup to duck-a-leek soup
and in-between.  I was truly wonderful, fun and creative.

 I hope next may we have many more entries.  The House of the Blacken Pot
will most likely not be running the show next time, but entering.

In Service,
THLady Jana Aoibeall