[jenne at fiedlerfamily.net: Re: [Sca-cooks] advice on freezing]

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 13 08:04:52 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> -----

From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>
To: Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] advice on freezing

> I'd be careful about refreezing meat of any sort that hasn't been
> cooked.  So far as the cheese pie is concerned, I'd becareful there as
> well....raw egg mixtures can be very tricky.  If you decide to pre-cook
> them, test one first...I'm not sure how freezing would affect the texture.

Well, the meat rolls have mostly been premade and frozen (at the end of
the pre-cook, we found 2 more half-frozen beef roasts in the cooler that
we hadn't gotten to).

We broke down and baked the pies before freezing, because we realized
there was no way to freeze them otherwise. Just as well, since it turned
out that I had made a tactical error-- I gave the egg-breaking team
(sitting in the cooler hall with their kids) 5.5 dozen eggs and asked
for 36 to be broken for me-- but there was a miscommunication and they
broke them all. So, the pies are actually Carrot Custard-ish pies. I
don't know if it worked. We tasted the filling that leaked out and it
was good and will be good with the Cumin Chicken.

Half the beets are now peacefully marinating away; I need to get more
beets before I try the rest. When I do that I will add the other
ingredients. *sigh*

I'm exhausted. We faked Brighid's Anise Cookie recipe with wheat flour
rather than starch, and they came out good, so I'm afraid that is what
we will be doing with the other batches.

The lemon peels are candied; the lime peels need candying (unless I've
already wrecked them. The Cumin Chicken is done.

And my purse, with all the reciepts in, is missing and may have been
stolen. My brain hurts...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be
lately...I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I'm supposed to be/ I don't want to be anything other than me."

----- End forwarded message -----

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net