[Sca-cooks] Document It: Was Pasta Experiment Update

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 23 09:43:27 PDT 2005

Vladimir wrote:
>But I think it a fair assumption that some idiot left a tomato out to dry
in
>the hot summer sun, and then thought to himself 'I wonder what that tastes
>like'?

Just like the modern world folk who leave vanilla ice cream in the freezer
for three years, find it all condensed and sticky and wonder how it will
taste?  And then use it in a type of dessert or as a pasta substitute?
(And yes, I've left vanilla ice cream that long...)

I quietly disagree that it is a "fair assumption".  It's a "fair
rationalization" for using something modern.  That type of  "argument"
should raise all types of warning flags.  If that one person did it, and
served it to one family, how does that make it period to serve it to a
whole group of guests?  If I serve my freezer-dried ice cream to my family,
should people six hundred years from now say that it was a taste treat from
2005 just because "it **could** have happened"?

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/