[Sca-cooks] question of yields Digest, Vol 25, Issue 116

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 21:53:13 PDT 2005

Greetings and many thanks Brighid, and Lothar.

Thank you for the incredibly useful looking site,
Brighid.  Lothar, Im a little surprised that 16 oz of
raw meat with bones and skin would leave me with 15oz
of usable meat, but perhaps I misread that.  In any
case, the issue resolved itself.  I found boneless
skinless for 1.67lb and that was a good enough price
and time saver that I was willing to just get 7 lbs of
that and be ready to cook the first dish (limonia di
pollo?) tomorrow evening.

I also purchased a whole, and seemingly boneless,
Boston Butt that I will process Sunday.  They all
seemed to average 7-7.5lbs.  Will have to see how much
useful food I get from I, but really could not beat
the price.  The recipe calls for boiling, then cooling
and picking off the meat.

Thanks again
Gwen Cat
PS, yes I think your post was sufficiently trimmed and
lean  ;-)