[Sca-cooks] Great new Find!!

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Mon Jun 27 18:10:47 PDT 2005

I was going back through some old saved emails and found this one.  Since I
liked the verjus that I had ordered from them last year I decided to see if
they were still in business and what the price was for 2005.

The small bottles of verjus are on 60% off sale!  Only $2.70 for a little
over 11 oz.  Granted that isn't a big amount, but the 25 oz size was still
$11.70.  I figure I can freeze the smaller bottles or at least leave them
unopened in the back of the fridge.  I had tried so hard not to waste the
stuff I had that it actually developed mold in the refrigerator after being
opened for about 6 months.  Personally, I just strained out the mold and
used the stuff anyway (I only cooked for me and I'm not allergic to mold. I
wouldn't do this if anyone else was involved.)  No ill effects and the taste
was actually fine.

At any rate I got 10 bottles of verjus, one bottle of orange water and one
of rose water.  Total price was $39 and change.  They seem to have a flat
rate shipping of $8.00 so buying more makes sense.

Regina Romsey