[Sca-cooks] Period Edamame

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:33:51 PDT 2005

On 6/26/05, Barbara Benson <voxeight at gmail.com> wrote:
> The other difficulty would be that they are only very rarely
> available. But while they were fresh - I would think they would have
> eaten them. Has anyone ever played with them? I was wondering if I
> could buy a bunch of them while they are here, blanch them and then
> freeze them - just like the edamame that I get in the store? Any
> thoughts on how this would work - and how long they would be good for?
>
> Sorry for the lengthy babble on beans.
>
> Glad Tidings,
>
> --Serena da Riva

I'd say no more than a week, but you could freeze them I guess in that state.
Even better would be a flash freezer...I get quick frozen edamame that way
at times, and they are fairly delicate.

I have a chickpea soup recipe that calls for mashed and whole chickpeas. You
could use them for the whole peas

Basic ingredients, chickpeas, water or broth, salt, blackpepper and parsley.

I've made it for 3 people and 100.  I got the recipe from Ras eons ago after
he made it at a feast I helped him with i the East kingdom ( no, I don't
know the source, but I would be interested if anyone else knows...)

Anyway, I haven't seen any recipes that call for fresh chickpeas.  But I
am book shopping and I'll let you know if I see some.

Cadoc MacDaire
(yes, I am alive)

                                    - William Gibson