[Sca-cooks] Period Edamame

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 28 13:39:46 PDT 2005

Barbara Benson <voxeight at gmail.com> wrote:
>I sent this once, but did not see it appear. I hope that it does not
>magically appear and make this a double post. I beg forgiveness if it
>does.

I had already gotten it... i guess it was just weird mail foo.

>fresh garbanzo beans...
>
>I boiled up some salty water and blanched them for a bit...
>...and then just served them in a bowl. The skins slip off like
>blanched almond skins. And my husband ate them skins and all.
>
>...I would love to serve them at a feast - but do not know if
>they would have been eaten this fresh....

In Recipe 30 of his cookbook, Meister Eberhard says
"Chickpeas and peas that are green should not be eaten, as they cause
bad moisture in people."
(transl. by Giano)

Of course, this doesn't mean people didn't eat them green, but if
this attitude existed in many places, it will make it harder to find
out.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita