[Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 1 07:34:30 PDT 2005

> Meanwhile, back at the pointy knives... that's crap and the British
> Government knows it, according to that article.  They seem to consider
> that the existing laws already cover the situation.  On the other hand,
> can't you see bands of roving teens, wearing cook's whites in order to
> justify their long knives?

On the other hand, the authors have succeeded in gaming the system, I
think. People will feel obliged to respond to their editorial, which
will shove their citation count up, and make them look good
academically. People will remember their names vaguely but in the long
term will not remember what for. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers