[Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 07:26:34 PDT 2005

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>>>Who was murdered with a frozen leg of lamb! State your sources inquiring
>>>minds want to know!
>>>
>>>Daniel
>>>
>>It was a story from an old episode of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS.  However,
>>it does possess the virtue of Food Content for this list.  <grin>
>>
>>Selene
>>

>And it was originally a short story, called "Lamb to the Slaughter", by Roald Dahl, of
>Willy Wonka fame.  Hitch may have been the originator of the icicle as a murder weapon
>idea.  You know, stab your victim with an pointed icicle, the weapon melts along with
>the fingerprints.  However, there is no defense if a man comes at you with a bunch of
>raspberries ...
>
>Huette

Thank you very much!  I was wracking my poor brain trying to pull the
original short story information, didn't manage it so I cited the TV
reference.

Meanwhile, back at the pointy knives... that's crap and the British
Government knows it, according to that article.  They seem to consider
that the existing laws already cover the situation.  On the other hand,
can't you see bands of roving teens, wearing cook's whites in order to
justify their long knives?

Selene