An Apology (was RE: Creative Supplimentation (was RE: [Sca-cooks]English Doctorswantto ban pointy knives...))

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Jun 1 18:13:37 PDT 2005

At 06:00 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:

>I've noticed that the custom seemed to be that people aren't using their
>titles, which is taking a bit to get used to as well.  Again, I haven't been
>active in a while, and when I was playing actively it was customary for
>folks to sign more formally when writing, not because they were being
>hoity-toity, but simply because they were being "in persona".  I've noticed
>on the lists that folks rarely use their titles,

I can't answer for everyone, but I know that I'm not the only one who uses
a nickname on the list. In fact, if you ever see me signing with my full
name (Elaine de Montgris), that likely means I'm ticked off. Not unlike
using a kids' middle name when they're in trouble...)

But for now I'm just
'Lainie