[Sca-cooks] Gender confusion

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 18:38:47 PDT 2005

Michael Gunter wrote:

>> Ummmm.  You can call me Huette, you can call me Lady Huette, you can
>> call me Mistress Huette,
>> you can even call me late for dinner, but please, please don't call
>> me "m'lord" or "my good lord",
>> as I am most definitely _not_ male!
>

> It could be worse. I have a rather strange husky voice and I've been
> called ma'am on the phone more times than I care to remember.
> Considering my work is 90% on the phone this does get annoying.
> About the only time I get to have fun with it is when I get called
> ma'am at the drive through. It's fun when this large bearded guy
> pulls up to the window and says, "I'm the lady that ordered the
> Big Mac and fries."
>
> Gunthar
>
> I'm a guy. Honest!

We know you are...and oh, what a guy!!!  I get the gender confusion
thing as well because my name is Japanese...so not only can folks not
figure out whether it's a male or female name...they can't figure out
which part to use because Japanese names are in reverse order from
European ones...so many think that my family name (Minowara) is my given
name...because it comes first!  So....Lord Minowara is something I see
on occasion.

Kiri (Minowara Kiritsubo)