[Sca-cooks] Creative Supplimentation

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 1 21:21:54 PDT 2005

  Celia des Archier asked:
> So I was wondering, what other experiences folks have with creatively
> supplementing their feasts.  What different ways have you used to
> obtain
> ingredients for your feast, other than the "mainstream" ways (i.e.
> other
> than purchasing from a grocery, etc.)?  What were the reasons you
> supplemented your feast with ingredients which were not obtained
> through
> "mainstream" means?  What were the results?

This has come up from time to time on this list. I'm sure there are
examples scattered through the Florilegium, but this file in the FOOD
section is the only one that immediately comes to mind:
food-sources-msg (64K) 3/20/03   Modern sources for unusual medieval
meats
                                      and other foods.

And I've always liked this article by Adamantius, although it deals
more with working with your local butcher to get good meats at
reasonable prices than looking for more exotic means to get it.
HC-butchers-art  (13K) 10/ 4/97   For Headcooks - How to work with your
local
                                      butcher.

Stefan
--------