[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 3 09:48:17 PDT 2005

You lose about 25 percent of the weight of the dough during baking, mostly
in fluid loss.  So 4 pounds of ingredients will produce approximately a 3
pound loaf.  Type of flour, age of flour, and type of liquids used tend to
alter the amount of loss, but 25 percent is a good rule of thumb.

Bear

Interesting, the books I checked said different, but heck I have found
plenty of errors in them, one receipe suppose to be a 3lb loaf would be 4
lbs if I took the messures listed....not all written material is right so I
practice first before cooking for parties etc.

Kirk