[Sca-cooks] Suggestions needed- OT

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 15:08:53 PDT 2005

Is she an Alaskan Husky or a Siberian Husky?

If she is Alaskan, how about Juno? [A kind of double entendre for Juno the goddess and Juneau the
city]

If she is Siberian, how about спасено / spaceno ?
[Russian word for "rescued"]
Or Очень / Ocheny ? [Russian word for "precious"]
[I used babelfish for the translations. I don't speak Russian.]

I like Ocheny best as it is similar to Chinook [i.e. chen and chin sounds similar] and might be
easier for her to learn.  It also kind of mixes both her previous names that way.

I found a list of sled dog names, since she is a sled dog by breeding, if not in reality.

http://www.wayeh.com/aboutsleddogs/names.htm

Good luck!  Please let us know what your decision is?

Huette