[Sca-cooks] question about breads

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 4 08:32:58 PDT 2005

Some flours, rye for one, retain moisture better than other flours and lose
less in the baking.  As you surmise, older flours tend to be drier flours
and require a greater volume of liqour to rehydrate them.  Since most
commercial flours are aged, they usually will absorb the maximum quantity of
liquor.  It is more of an issue if you are working with freshly milled
flour.

Bear