[Sca-cooks] slings

rbbtslyr rbbtslyr at comporium.net
Sun Jun 5 08:31:20 PDT 2005

I know in the hands of an expert, from hearing old timers tell it, that a sling could bring down up to deer size game at close range and at a reasonable range a catamount (mountain lion) and similar size animals. The slings add quite a bit of force compared to tossing a stone and a round clay or lead ball would be more accuarate and could be devestating. It works on the same principal as a spear chucker or Attalia (sp?) and makes the weapon quite effective.  Modern slingshots with surgical rubberbands aren't nearly as effective.

Kirk

Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons, for thou art Crunchy and Taste Good with Catsup or BBQ Sauce

Liberty Hill, SC Elevation 571 ft

Liberty Hill, SC (Kershaw)
Longitude: 80° 48' 7" W (-80.8019°)
Latitude: 34° 28' 41" N (34.4781°)