[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Madness

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 5 10:09:06 PDT 2005

Kitchen madness is upon me.  I'm clearing off rubble and cooking at the same
time.  The place is a real mess, so I'm trying to box up the extra cooking
gear to drop it in storage for a while.

I snapped off a drawer pull last night.  The vinyl floor tiles are coming
loose.  The room is in need of a serious remake for safety and aesthetic
reasons, not to mention bumping out the wall of the downstairs bathroom to
install a shower.

Breakfast, at Margaret's request, was strawberry crepes, sausage and a
poached egg.  A pound of sponge has been rising overnight, so there is bread
to bake and simnels to test.  Fruit salad for lunch.  Maybe a mushroom
frittata to go with it.  Spinach with cranberry and almonds dressed with
raspberry-walnut vinegarette for supper to go with the yellowfin steaks.

And I need to do something about the ants that have found the sugar.

I guess I'll depart the list for now and see about lunch and the two papers
I'm working on.

Bear