[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Madness..grits

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jun 5 13:05:05 PDT 2005

At 12:32 PM 6/5/2005, you wrote:
>grits and rice are recommended for cockroaches.
>Ants also do not like cayenne and lemon juice.

The Mother Earth News, eons ago, had a letter in one of the sections that
said cayenne worked on mice- they filled the holes and such where the mice
came in with a paste of flour, water, and cayenne. Later that night they
heard a tiny chewing sound, a pause, and then a little mousie scream. Oddly
enough, the mice didn't use that egress again...

(I have in storage a huge collection of TMEN from the 70's and early 80's,
and a few from the early 90's (I think- they yuppified and I didn't renew
it). Lots of neat stuff in them. Once they are out of storage permanently...

'Lainie