[Sca-cooks] A suggestion taken...

Truman Barnes chirhart_1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 21:53:22 PDT 2005

Some how "OTTER POO" Has a ring to it ! CHiiiOlwen

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Phlip
wrote:

> Well, of all the names offered, we've decided that "Swage" is it ;-) A good
> name for a blacksmith's dog ;-)
>
> Checked in the dictionary, and apparently the word is derived from Middle
> English, and then from Middle French,"souage".
>
> Anybody willing to look in the OED for me, see what else it shows?

Done, as you wished.

Huette

Swage, n. 1

[f. SWAGE v.1 Cf. ASSUAGE n.]

1. Alleviation, relief.

a1300 Cursor M. 24350 (Edin.) That suim was of mi soruing swage [Cott. suage].

2. concr. The excrement of the otter. local. (Cf. SWAGING vbl. n.1 3.)