[Sca-cooks] cinnamon cheese/butter balls

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Jun 6 02:13:48 PDT 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 11:57 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Okay, if the question here is whether the spice mixture is used to
> coat just the outside or whether it is mixed throughout the cheese
> or butter, how do the humoral theories affect that? If you are
> balancing the humoral effects of the different items it would seem
> that mixing the spices throughout the cheese or butter would be
> superior to just coating the outside since the spice would be
> better dispersed.

All true. I just don't know which it is, and there may be some reason
of which we're unaware that what seems like a common-sense approach
is not the approach taken by people in this position in period. The
only info I've got is that phrase which, to me, says to put spices
"on the cheese" rather than "in the cheese". Maybe some spices don't
react well to the fats and acids in the cheese over time...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04