[Sca-cooks] A Note on Steamed Puddings

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 8 09:09:09 PDT 2005

It's a fairly complex construction.  There is a hard outer pie shell
enclosing soft dough balls (tracta) surrounded by a filling of cheese and
honey.  You might try thinking of it as dumplings in a honey and cheese
tart.

Take a pie or cake pan, roll out the hard dough larger that the pan.  Put
the rolled out dough in the pan, letting the excess hang over the edges.
Put a layer of dough balls in the pie shell and surround them with filling.
Repeat with a second layer of dough balls.  Fold over the excessdough to
form a top crust.  Bake.

Bear